Saturday, June 16, 2018

June 16

Brady went to his buddy Eli's birthday party this afternoon, and I tagged along.

I watched him play capture the flag, egg toss, and tug of war, and then I watched him eat pizza and wait in line for a chance to hit a pinata. He never got a turn --someone busted it open before he got to the front of the line-- but I was impressed with how he handled the aftermath. Rather than running in and grabbing as much as he could, he hung back and let everyone else go first. Of course, by the time he took a turn hunting, there wasn't anything left.

It's not that he's never assertive --just watch him play baseball and you'll know that's the truth-- but he seems to know when it's important to assert himself and when it's just... not. And I'm proud of him for knowing the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment