Wednesday, June 20, 2018

June 20

I picked up new glasses for myself and for Abby yesterday. While I was at the doctor's office, I also chose new cases. Well, sort of. I selected mine immediately (because it spoke to me) and texted Abby a picture of the options so she could choose her own since I know better than to not let a teenage girl make her own decision (even though I had a good notion as to what she'd go for). Guess who picked which one.

Actually, if you know me at all, it's not hard to guess. It's actually something of a trick question. And Abby's choice isn't particularly surprising, either. (For the record, I'm the purple sparkles and Abby is the royal blue.)

I like surprises now and then, but there's something really nice about knowing someone else; about knowing his or her favorite colors and scents and flavors. There's an intimacy there that's just comfortable and reliable and sweet. We are, after all, called to love one another, and taking the time to notice these small, insignificant things can be a powerful means of showing that love in a tangible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment