Saturday, June 23, 2018

June 23

My personal staycation began this afternoon, and the first item on my agenda was dinner downtown with my longtime friend Kristine. We met back in college 22 years ago, and she was one of the first passengers in my car --the one behind us in his pic-- after I bought it new in 1997, when I was a whopping 19 years old.

We didn't take said car out for a spin since it was icky-hot out and her air conditioner hasn't aged particularly well, but we did head out in Kristine's truck and had a fabulous time chatting and catching up over some really tasty food. (Grilled cheese with avocado and tomato? Definitely a go for me.)

I may not see her particularly often, but it's always a blessing when I do because it's just easy for us to talk. And as an added bonus, because we're quite different, she's able to provide perspective for me that I can't get on my own.

So for a really great evening and for our ongoing friendship, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment