Wednesday, June 27, 2018

June 27

I've had better days. But the boys came back from their backpacking trip (because surprise! I was actually home alone from Saturday through this afternoon) and Isaac and Brady are both nestled into their beds upstairs right now. They're once again under my roof and in my immediate care.

Don't misinterpret my reality: I enjoyed my solo time. I don't even remember the last time I was home alone for multiple days (so it was probably before Abby was born). I loved my dinners out with friends and my leisurely afternoons reading and shopping and my evenings with "Murder, She Wrote" and "Hart to Hart." But there's something "right" about having them back home where they belong. So tonight, in spite of all that was wrong about today, I'm celebrating the right-ness of having a chunk of my family with me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment