Thursday, June 28, 2018

June 28

With the girl still away, it was just me and the Little Boys today. All day long. There were fights. (Theirs.) There were tears. (Mostly theirs.) There was frustration. (Ours.) So I was relieved when we had to pack up and head to baseball. It wasn't Brady's day for class, so he and I watched as Isaac hit and pitched for nearly two hours. (It sounds like a long time, but the incessant bickering that ruled the first part of the day made it feel like a spa trip.)

At one point, Brady pulled my sunglasses off their perch atop my head and slipped them over the bridge of his nose. He then did as he often does and made a rapid-fire succession of funny faces that made me laugh.

Nope, this life most definitely is not perfect. But little moments like these make it substantially more amusing. And for that truth, I'm quite thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment