Wednesday, April 10, 2019

April 10

A Baseball Mom am I so most of my days --unsurprisingly-- feature some iteration of the sport. Today featured games for both Isaac and Brady. At the exact same time. (But fortunately, at adjacent fields.)

As has frequently been the case this Spring, the games didn't exactly go their way -- one match finished in a tie, while the other was a loss -- but I was proud of how the boys played. I was proud of Isaac's team for once again surging in the late innings to transform what looked like a blowout into an actual competitive game. I was proud of Isaac for turning in yet another great performance (2 for 3 with a double, 2 RBI, and a run. Dude is batting .417 so far this season!). And I was proud of Brady's team for playing hard and behaving respectfully -- which, unfortunately, couldn't be said about everyone present at that particular game. (Longer story there that I'm not going to address but suffice it to say that there was a bad moment that involved an adult who lost his cool.) And I was most proud of both of them for being pleased with their time on the diamond, even if that time didn't end with wins.

Winning isn't everything, after all, and I'm thankful that realize that and that they're just happy be able to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment