Friday, April 26, 2019

April 26

When I was a kid, I always thought it would be fun to live in a neighborhood with all of my friends. (Or even a small handful of them. I wasn't picky.) That didn't happen, so I dreamt of having kids who could live in a neighborhood with all of their friends. That didn't really happen, either, but lately, Isaac and Brady have been hanging out with a brother/sister pair --Tyler and Kaylin-- from their school. Tyler is in Isaac's class (and on his baseball team) and Kaylin in a year ahead of Brady.

After school today, the four of them skittered over to Tyler's house for the afternoon, where they played video games and in the pool and collected eggs from their chickens (which Kaylin and Brady have actually turned into a little side business, as funny as that is). Then when the evening hours rolled around, I took Brady home, picked up some pizzas, and dropped Isaac and Tyler at church to go bowling with the youth group.

I love that the two of them finally have good friends close by because friendship is a huge, huge blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment