Thursday, April 18, 2019

April 18

The boys asked for some Super Glue (they actually had a good reason but don't ask), so I went to the store in search of some after a coffee meet-up with a friend this morning. I didn't wind up finding any at my first stop, but it wasn't a totally unfruitful trip because this caught my attention as I conducted my search:

In case it's hard to tell, it's a bottle of purple glitter paint amid a sea of its plain white counterparts. It made me smile for a few reasons. For one, I sometimes describe myself as purple glitter (which will make more sense to some of you than to others, but roll with it). And for another, it reminded me of an important truth: it's not a bad thing to be yourself and to stand out from the crowd sometimes, because --to come dangerously close to conjuring up memories of the Veggie Tales-- we're all unique creations with different giftings and talents. And we should celebrate those things that make us special --the things that make us sparkle like purple glitter amid a sea of white-- as often as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment