Saturday, April 6, 2019

April 6

After breakfast on the lanai at the club and a quick stroll for me (gotta get those steps in, after all, and that can be a challenge on a travel day), we loaded up the van and Adam's parents drove us to Lihue Airport for our flight home to Oakland.

The reality --for me, at least-- is that vacations never seem to last long enough. (Though we were pretty darn close when we went to Kaua'i for three weeks back in 2017 during Adam's sabbatical.) There's never enough time to see all of the sights or to truly immerse myself in the experience because on some level, I'm conscious that it's a finite trip. As I mused to Adam at one point this past week, I'm really quite bad at relaxing. But still, it was a huge blessing to have this time with my family. And for that --especially knowing that Abby is 3 1/2 years from college and in fact, received her very first piece of we-want-you-come-look-at-us college mail today, Heaven help me-- I'm so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment