Saturday, April 27, 2019

April 27

It was a very good Saturday at the Sports Park. Both boys had games at 9:30 this morning, and since Adam is the scorekeeper for Isaac's team, I hung out on the bleachers at Brady's. Abby lingered nearby, at first talking with Adam's parents (who came home from Kaua'i yesterday, which enabled them to attend their first games of the season) and then sitting by a tree reading when they changed fields to catch the latter half of the Braves' match-up.

While I watched Brady's team languish in person, I also watched Isaac's team fall behind their opponents in the first inning via GameChanger. It seemed like yet another frustrating set of games was in the works, but slowly, things began to change.

Brady's team outlasted the very-good starting pitcher for the other team, slowly erased a seven-run deficit, and wound up taking the win by one. And a few fields over, Isaac's team scored three runs in the bottom of the final inning to secure a one-run victory of their own. Although I wasn't there to see it in person, I saw the game go final via GameChanger and happily threw my hands in the air. (Yep. Literally.) I was especially pleased when I read the recap and saw that Isaac drove in the tying run, and their leadoff batter stole home --with two outs, no less-- to score the decisive winning run.

I wish I'd been there to see the celebration that ensued (because goodness knows, these boys haven't had a lot to celebrate this season), but I did run over (again, literally) in time to see the coach present Isaac with one of the two Game Balls. Since he's only handing out Game Balls when they win this season, it's a big deal that he has one.

Good days are blessings. And this first double-win day of the season was a pretty big one for us. And beyond being a good day, it was also one that reminded me that situations that begin negatively can always take surprisingly positive turns. So never, ever give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment