Friday, April 5, 2019

April 5

We head back home tomorrow, and I think it's fair to say that we squeezed every drop out of our last full day on Kaua'i.

Adam and (well, he was already up for a business call so really just) I got up early and took the walk around the golf course again. (And once again, I can confirm that it's no joke. Six-point-seven miles of up and down. Beautiful, but phew. I needed that coffee and yogurt and granola afterward.) Then while we stayed with Isaac (who was still a bit under the weather), Adam's parents took Abby and Brady for a golf lesson on the practice range. Afterward, the five of us hit the road to have lunch (well, Abby had an awesome burger from Kickshaws and the rest of us kind of cheated, with me and Isaac going for some Fresh Shave shave ice --Dirt Squirrel for me, Creamsicle for him-- and Uncle's for Adam, Abby, and Brady).

Then we headed back to the house, where we picked up the in-laws and headed up to the club farm for fishing and boating lessons. The short people and Adam's dad tried their hand at fishing (and I'd make up a one-that-got-away story, but eh, the fish weren't bitin' today so no dice), and all of us took turns trolling the lake in kayaks. (And given that I'm not a water person, it was kind of a big deal for me to be out there. The 'when in Rome' vibe ruled, I guess!)

Then we all headed back to the house. After a short break, Abby, Adam's mom, and I headed back to the club for a lei-making class. After spending an hour and a half painstakingly creating a flower crown, I have a brand new sense of appreciation for that particular artform. Phew. It's a lot of work! And then finally, we went back to the house, where we had take-out from Da Crack (yep, that's the name of this particular Mexican joint) and played a few hands of cards.

So yeah, busy, busy, busy. But all of it was good. And for that blessing, I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment