Monday, April 1, 2019

March 31

Ah, our first full day on Kaua'i. Here's a visual retrospective of the happenings. (Though no, I wasn't intending to use such a huge image of myself and am partially mortified that I'm doing it. Although I'm actually pleased with how I look right now --because I've worked pretty hard to get here!-- I've been fighting with my ailing computer for an hour now to get it to let me choose a different image but no dice. So y'all get a huge pic of me with Brady and Adam's mom in the background playing in the Pacific at Donkey Beach.)

Anyhow, I was the late-riser in our party of seven, and after I made may way out of the Ohana (where Adam and I are staying -- it's the little house across from the big house) at 7:30ish, Adam, his dad, and I headed over to the clubhouse, where I had some of their truly delicious coffee (I seriously love the stuff and could drink a gallon of it in a single sitting). Then the three of us went for a walk along a set of paths that meander along the road and through the golf course.

A little later, we all changed into swimwear and headed eastward to Kapaa, where we lunched on Bubba's burgers (Abby's island favorite) before walking part of the Kapaa Trail along the ocean past the Pineapple Dump and finally to Donkey Beach. It was a lovely day out, marked by blue skies, a light breeze, and a temp that I'd term almost ideal. We all enjoyed some time in the sand (and in the water -- yep, even non-water loving me dipped my toes in the ocean) before trucking it back to the car. From there, it was on to Uncle's (Adam's fave) for some shave ice. And then there was swimming and croquet (for the boys) and pizza for dinner. And now, at 9:30 PM, I think there's a good chance that everyone but me is already in bed.

So what can I say about today? I think my main reaction is a sense of gratefulness. Mulitple times today, I was struck by how fortunate and blessed we are to be here, and by how fortunate and blessed we are to have one another to be here with. Not everyone enjoys those brands of blessings, so I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment