Saturday, January 11, 2020

January 11

Today is my 42nd birthday, and as the hours draw to a close, I'm happy to sit back and affirm that it was a fun one.

Brady had a 9 AM basketball game across town so it began earlier than my loves-sleeping-in-on-Saturday self might've liked, but my little muffin made it well-worth my while by throwing down yet another dominant performance on the court: of the 25 points logged by his team, he scored 15, which included a pair of nothing-but-net free throws and helped to secure a 25-11 win.

Then it was on to CPK for lunch, where I nibbled on a delicious pear and gorgonzola pizza and sipped a cosmo. Afterward, we headed home and thanks to said cosmo, I half-watched the 49ers beat the Vikings and half-napped until three, when Abby and I did an abbreviated version of our Saturday shopping routine (which, of course, included a stop by Starbucks to score my birthday freebie! For the record, the almond milk honey flat white is very honeylicious).

The evening brought Zachary's pizza for the grown-ups and Dominos for the youngsters (since they don't care for the former, which is madness), and then gifts and homemade cake, which featured yummy peanut butter frosting made by my girl (and 42 candles. And yes, 42 candles make a lot of fire and even more smoke, especially when several of them are of the trick variety).

So yes: it was a very good day and it made my heart happy. Although there are things I wish I could change about my life, I feel content. I couldn't think of a better way to begin this next year, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment