Sunday, January 19, 2020

January 19

Brady brought this picture home from Sunday School today. When I spotted it on the counter and asked him about it, he said that he was supposed to write down words that describe him. And this is the list.

I quietly nodded along with numbers one and two, because he adores his sports. I snorted to myself over numbers three and seven (because holy self-awareness, Batman), and then again when I realized that the five remaining "traits" were related to eating (and given that bit of intelligence, Heaven help my fridge when he's a teenager).

In short, I loved getting such a clear peek at how he views himself. Although I hope that he won't always feel defined by root beer and mac 'n cheese, I'm thankful to know --for sure-- what's important to him in the right now because he'll only be in the right now... well, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment