Saturday, January 18, 2020

January 18

Adam messaged me late this afternoon to say that he was taking the boys to the park for a while. (I was upstairs watching TV and surfing the interwebs.) I heard the boom-boom-boom of Brady's basketball as they walked away, so after a few minutes, I put my computer to sleep and jogged over to join them.

That jaunt wound up turning into an adults versus kids basketball game. And I have to tell you: it was a humbling experience for me as Adam and I watched Isaac and Brady tirelessly run from one end of the court to the other. In the end, the old people lost 10-8 (which was yet another slice of humble pie -- being both outrun and outscored by a 9-year old and an 11-year old when you have a serious height advantage. Oof).

But huff-puffing and shot of humility aside, it was fun to play with them. It was fun to run (hobble) back and forth and it was fun to hear them giggle. And I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment