Thursday, January 16, 2020

January 16

My car is a hybrid and Brady and Isaac enjoy plugging it in (and unplugging it) for me as we come and go. This evening after baseball, I asked them to bring the trash and recycling bins in from the street, and they enthusiastically accepted the challenge.

Brady shouted "Isaac! Pit stop!" as he threw open his door and a moment later, Isaac followed suit from his side. They scrambled to the cans and, within less than a minute, had lugged them up the driveway and pushed them into the garage.

It's a totally mundane task and to be fully truthful, it was raining and I just didn't feel like doing it, but I loved their enthusiasm. Just imagine what the world would be like if we all approached our everyday must-do tasks with that kind of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment