Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January 7

I spotted something shiny on the ground this morning as I walked by the Walgreens in town. I told myself that if it was still there when I came back through, I'd take a closer look. It was, and so I did. And this is what I found:

In case it's hard to tell what "it" is, I'll fill in the blanks: it's a little pendant that reads "Not sisters by blood but sisters by heart." Given that I don't have any biological sisters, I've always rather liked this quote. And seeing it there made me think about the small group of ladies who have been my "sisters by heart" over the course of my lifetime. For a number of reasons, I'm not really one to let others get particularly close to me, so I'm very thankful for those who have had the patience and the desire to get to know the real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment