Sunday, January 5, 2020

January 5

I am, generally speaking, a fairly social person. I like chatting and getting to know people. If I like you, I could be around you for days on end and not get tired of our interactions.

So here's a surprising truth: the past two weeks at home were wonderful as was the annual Wight Elephant family party this afternoon, but I'm tired. In fact, I'm upstairs in my room right now with my head resting on the doughnut pillow Isaac got me for Christmas while the rest of my family is watching a movie downstairs. I love them, but my spirit has been prodding me to find some quiet-time for the past few days, so I'm getting it.

My natural inclination (as a perfectionist with a slant toward people-pleasing) is to feel guilty about a) needing that time and b) even admitting that I need that time, but we all to rest and re-charge, especially after intensive (or even just extensive) time around other people. We're made to need people and to need time with God alone, so at this moment, as I sit here resting against my funny pillow, I'm grateful that I have a few minutes to myself and that for once, I don't feel badly about taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment