Monday, January 27, 2020

January 27

Brady complained that he didn't feel well when he went to bed last night, so I was less than surprised when he got up this morning with the same complaint. So for the first time this school year, he had a sick day.

After I dropped Abby and Isaac at school, we sat together in the family room, me on my laptop and him playing a game on his game-phone. I looked over at him at one point and, noting his droopy eyelids, told him that he looked tired and should take a nap. And then voila, about 60 seconds later, he was out like the proverbial light with BearBear tucked under his arm.

I sat and watched him for a few moments before I decided to head upstairs to keep the click-clacking of my keyboard action from disturbing his slumber. He may not be a baby anymore --in fact, he'll be 10 at the end of the year!-- but he's still my baby. And I'm thankful for every day -- even the sick ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment