Sunday, January 26, 2020

January 26

Adam and I went for a walk around the neighborhood before dinner this evening. It was a blue sky kind of day, the type that reminds us of Logan's eyes. (Not that we even say that most of the time; I just know we're both thinking it.) Anyway, we accepted an offer on our rental home last week, so we decided to go see if our agent had updated the yard sign. And indeed she had:

We've bought two houses in the past but this is the first time we've gotten to this stage of selling one, so it was a strange feeling to see that SALE PENDING add-on gently swaying in the breeze. I felt a sense of nostalgia as memories of Abby and Logan during their earliest years came and went like fireflies dotting an open field, but as we walked away, a new feeling took over: one of assured completion. Although I'll always treasure those visions of Abby taking her first steps in the kitchen and of newborn Logan napping on the couch in front of the window next to Adam, I know it's time for a new family to make memories of their own within those walls. And I wish them well.

1 comment: