Saturday, January 4, 2020

January 4

Two weeks of time with Maryland family and friends drew to a close today as we said our see-you-next-times to grandma, returned the rental car (having added a healthy 1,282 miles to its odometer, which is probably a record for us), and boarded our Oakland-bound plane.

A nearly hour-long delay and a pair of unhappy infants made the typically six-hour journey a wee bit more painful than it might otherwise have been, but it all worked out in the end, and I'm writing from my usual spot on the couch in our family room.

As I reflect on the day and on the time back home, I feel a strong sense of gratitude. I may not get to live near everyone I care for, but I'm blessed to have friends and family in many different places and I'm blessed that spending time with them --even limited time-- brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment