Thursday, March 11, 2021

March 11

Today was probably the busiest day I've had in about a year. Almost exactly a year, in fact.

Abby and Isaac made their triumphant returns to high and middle school (and seemed to have good (half) days to boot), so I dropped Abby at Amador at 8:10, drove by the Mother Ship for some caffeine, went home, dropped Isaac off at Harvest Park at 9:20, went to Walmart, went home, FaceTimed with Kristine for about 90 minutes, dropped Brady at school at 12, parked near the middle school at 12:15 and crocheted while I waited for Abby (who got out at 12:20) to walk over and for Isaac to get out at 12:45, went home, picked up Brady at 3, went home, left for his first baseball practice of the season (go AAA A's!) at 3:30, walked partway around the Sports Park and then watched the last hour of his practice from the bleachers while crocheting a new project and chit chatting with parents I hadn't met, went home at 6, had dinner. And now I'm in the family room watching Bobby Flay engage in a televised culinary battle while Abby makes homemade hash browns in the kitchen behind me and Brady cuddles under a blanket in the next seat over. (Isaac is at baseball evals with Adam; they headed out just as Brady and I got home. Tag team action.)

Yep, it was a long day. But it was also a great day, and after a very long year of doing very little, I'm thankful for the hearty dose of busy-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment