Wednesday, March 24, 2021

March 24

Brady had his second preseason game today. Although the A's didn't come out on the winning end, my muffin had a decent outing, including a stint on the pitcher's mound.

It was fun sitting there on the bleachers, watching my baby chuck (and sometimes hurl) the baseball toward the plate. And it was amazing to see how much he's grown as both a player and a person.

In the player category, he did a good job of hitting the strike zone and of varying his pitch speed. (And honestly, I didn't know he could do that.)

But more importantly to me, in the person category, he kept it together. There were two fly balls (at least I think it was two... maybe three) that his teammates didn't catch behind him, and he didn't lose it. He kept his cool and kept throwing to the plate and doing his thing.

So for that display of maturity and for the fun of weekday evening baseball games being a thing once again, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment