Friday, March 19, 2021

March 19

When I picked up my coffee from the Mother Ship this morning, this is what the top looked like:

I liked the implied message so I went to take its picture, but then I realized there were several big coffee splotches that made it look messy. So I dabbed at them for a moment before I realized that my need for neatness was taking away a bit of its sweetness.

See, human love IS messy. It's imperfect and covered in metaphorical coffee stains that are delivered by sticky jam hands. It's never going to be ideal or expertly expressed because not one of us has achieved perfection. And no matter how hard we try, we won't be perfect. That's why grace exists, and that's why it's so vitally important that we extend it to one another freely.

And that's also why it's an enormous blessing that despite our coffee stains and jam hands, God loves us anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment