Saturday, March 13, 2021

March 13

Both Isaac and Brady had practice today. When both were finally home, they headed outside. When I looked out the window a few minutes ago, I discovered Isaac pitching to Brady, who had donned his catcher's gear. This image is what I'd call a goofy outtake as they picked up stray balls.

I love to see them playing together, but beyond that, I love that they're both challenging themselves. Brady hasn't played catcher in a few years, but when his coach asked him if he wanted to (ostensibly since Brady owns the gear and there's a no sharing rule this season), he said sure. And Isaac has never really been a pitcher, but apparently his coach asked him if he'd be willing to try this morning and he too rose to the occasion.

So today, I'm thankful to see my boys both enjoying time together and challenging themselves a bit, since I think it's primarily through challenges that we grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment