Monday, March 8, 2021

March 8

Abby attended kindergarten through fifth grade at the same elementary school. Isaac did the same at the same school. But thanks to our move Brady will not, and today marked his first in-person day at a school other than Mohr.

Although he didn't share his apprehension overtly, I had clues that he was a bit nervous about being on his new campus for the very first time. ("It's fine, even though I don't have any friends" and "I don't know where I need to go when I have to use the bathroom" were tip-offs.) Then on the drive over to the school early this afternoon, I overheard him taking the occasional deep breath behind his mask as he tried to pump himself up with a succession of quiet "okay, here we go"s.

I parked, walked him over to the gate, snapped this quick pic, and then he was off for his first in-person day of fourth grade. (In March. Yeah.) He didn't even glance back as I watched him greet his teacher and disappear into his classroom. 

I'm proud of him for being brave and I'm thankful for the feeling of normalcy that in-person school provides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment