Thursday, July 1, 2021

July 1

And into July we go. For my part, I welcomed the second half of 2021 with lots of social interaction: coffee and muffins (or delicious partial muffins may be more accurate) with Heidi this morning at her house, and a wine night with some of the moms from Brady's baseball team at our house this evening.

I invited all of the team moms, and when the dust settled, it wound up being me, Jenny, Stacie, and Jennifer sitting around the table in our yard (and later up on the observation deck) with a bottle of white wine. 

We laughed and told random (and not-so-random) stories and I had the best time just being with them for about three hours.

I've waited a long time to be able to have people over, and it is such a blessing to me that the time has at long last arrived. I could not be more grateful for these ladies (and for the ones who couldn't make it!) and for their life stories and for their willingness to share and to listen. (And I'm really looking forward to Moms' Night #2!)

No comments:

Post a Comment