Sunday, July 11, 2021

July 11

We got up this morning, enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in our room, and then hit the road to head home with Mr. Lambie as our navigator.

We took a quick stop at a Michaels along the way (because yarn) and when I got back to the car, I noticed a deep, jagged gash in the rear passenger side tire. My car tends to get very upset when its tire pressures are off, but it didn't make a peep, so we got back into the car and continued the drive home. 

After he dropped me off at the house, Adam took the car over to Costco to have the tire center guys take a look. Blessing number one was that though it'll take a week or so to get the replacement, we bought them recently enough that they were still under warranty.

Blessing number two is that we had an uneventful trip home. Tire guy told Adam that he probably shouldn't drive it much until we get the new tire because it's not particularly safe as-is. Little did he know that we made it 80+ miles on that torn tire.

So yep: today, I am grateful for God's protection. I know that I sometimes feel like I've been thrown to the wolves, but the truth is that He protects us from more than we could ever imagine. And that's a really, really big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment