Monday, July 19, 2021

July 19

It was an unexpectedly warm but pleasant Monday. The kiddos began their week of VBS, with Brady as a camper and Abby and Isaac assisting with worship and the preschool room, respectively. After I dropped them off, I ran into the former receptionist from the kids' long-time elementary school (at the Mother Ship, naturally) and wound up sitting with her for two hours catching up on life.

Following pick-up, we headed downtown and got ice cream at the Dairy. Although there were assorted bursts of consternation from children who shall remain unnamed over my decision to not go through the drive-thru, I think we had a pleasant enough (or at least not torturous) time sitting by the gazebo licking our rapidly melting treats.

Later in the afternoon more, I tormented them further by having them put on nice clothes so we could go take pictures with my mom. Fortunately, grumbling was minimal, and the photos are cute, so I call it a win.

All in all, it was a good start to the new week. And I am grateful for the hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment