Thursday, July 8, 2021

July 8

It may be just Thursday evening, but my weekend has begun! 

Adam's parents picked up the kiddos early this afternoon and then Adam and I drove down to Carmel after he finished with work this evening. Taylor is getting married tomorrow (woohoo!) so we came to attend the festivities and to have some time to ourselves. So far, we've checked into our room at the Carriage House Inn, eaten the appetizer platter, and had a glass of white wine (well, that last one was just me. And I'm feeling lovely, thanks).

It's been a long time --probably a few years or more-- since just the two of us have taken a trip, so I'd say it's long overdue. And it is a huge blessing to be able to take the trip and to know that Abby, Isaac, and Brady are well-cared for in our absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment