Monday, July 26, 2021

July 26

This is a multi-part story so hang in there with me.

Several months ago, I crocheted this shawl. I was convinced at the time that it was supposed to go to someone in particular, but I had no idea who that person was. But I forged ahead and finished it anyway. And then it sat, because I had no idea who was supposed to have it.

Fast forward to this morning. I was lying in the hammock in our yard praying when my friend Gerri came to mind. We met at church a number of years ago and she's always adored our kids, so I prayed that she'd continue recovering from a recent accident she had that a mutual friend had told me about. Then I felt prompted to text her to see if she'd like a visit. And then I felt prompted to give her this shawl. 

So a few hours later, I was sitting on the little couch in her bedroom handing her the shawl. And wouldn't you know that it just happens to be her favorite color.

So what's my point here? I know Gerri appreciated the visit, but I think I was just as blessed by our three-hour chat as she was. And it was all made possible because I felt prompted to make something for someone and then waited for that person's identity to be revealed at the right time. I love it when I can see God's hand moving among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment