Thursday, July 22, 2021

July 22

Mom headed back home to Maryland today, but not before we hunkered down at the dining room table to finish puzzle number two of her visit.

It came down to (quite literally) the last minute, but we got 'er done and snapped a quick pic before loading her things into my car and heading off to pick up Brady from VBS so he could come along for the ride to the airport.
 
I'm sure I've mused on this subject before, but life is so much like a puzzle: I know there's a full image and that God can see it (because he drew it and all), but all of those itty bitty bits and pieces can be decidedly overwhelming. Sometimes they slide into place easily; other times, I study a piece for hours and cannot imagine how it could possibly add any kind of beauty to the finished product. But in the end, even the weirdest, most strangely colored fragment of the bunch contributes some essential quality that helps to flesh out the full image. 

So here's my encouragement to you: the next time you're holding a piece of your life's puzzle that seems to have no value, just keep in mind that it does, because every single piece of you has tremendous worth.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Sherry, I have had to learn and relearn this. Nice to know that at the end (or the beginning of heavenly home) there won’t be big holes where pieces are missing. Some pieces aren’t obvious on the table….(like my grown up sons God given destinies) but I know they’re there somewhere and will fit perfectly when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete