Tuesday, July 13, 2021

July 13

Today was, rather mercifully, better. I still felt tender when I awoke this morning, but after a few hours with my counselor talking things out and a trip to my favorite grocery store (shout out to Grocery Outlet because they rock my socks) to shop for my mom's visit (she comes tomorrow!), I felt less on edge.

And then this evening, after the All Star game ended (woot woot American League!), I went to the window hoping to catch a glimpse of Adam reading to the boys as he does every night. But I think I found them praying instead.

And the sight of those bowed heads was good for my heart. Although I often struggle with feeling like my prayers are futile, I'm happy that my kids are growing up knowing that they can talk to God whenever they like.

No comments:

Post a Comment