Tuesday, July 20, 2021

July 20

Today we dropped the kiddos off at church for VBS and then mom and I headed downtown. 

We started by getting her a manicure. (Me? I passed since I've rediscovered my penchant for nail biting and currently have nothing but nubbins. So I sat and watched and almost feel asleep to the sounds of the extremely soothing music that was playing in the salon.)

It was nearly 10 by the time the polish had set and I was still without coffee (and this sounds silly I know but I am an idiot before I have my morning dose) so we sauntered down Main Street to the Mother Ship, where I indulged in my blonde roast and she sipped a chai latte.

It was very pleasant sitting there sharing a bit of my town (and my grown-up life routine) with my mom. And it was also a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment