Friday, January 14, 2022

January 14

When we got back from Maryland, I decided I wanted to make something colorful. Something cheerful. So I pulled out the little crochet book Brady got me for Christmas, flipped through its pages, and got started on this afghan.

It's definitely bright (as it should be since it uses 13 different colors). And the little wiggly blue part in the middle gave me fits because the stitch counts listed in the pattern were off and I had to re-figure them. But I sorted out the issue and it's coming along. And although it's not everyone's cup of tea, I like it.

And beyond all of that, I was pleasantly surprised when Abby remarked that it reminded her of the Coat of Many Colors from the Bible, both because I think she's right and because she made the connection in the first place. Feeling connected to scripture is good for my heart, so I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment