Thursday, January 27, 2022

January 27

This is probably a strange revelation, but I love hazelnuts.

My grandpa kept bags of them tucked away in the freezer, and I remember sitting in the chair in the family room munching away on those delicious nuts when I was a kid.

Hungry for a literal taste of sweet nostalgia, I scouted local stores for some and was disappointed to discover that they're something of a hard-to-find snack food. 

But then this morning, I found a can during a quick trip to CVS. Although it probably sounds silly, my heart leapt when I saw it. And, naturally, it came home with me. 

As I savored my previously pined-for snack this afternoon, I smiled at the memories that sprang to mind. It's a blessing that simple things can trigger such happy thoughts, isn't it? I think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment