Sunday, January 23, 2022

January 23

'Twas another football-heavy day at our house. After church (for Abby, Brady, and I), online church (for Adam, who drove Isaac to practice), and baseball practice (for Isaac), I hunkered down in the family room under my awesome heated throw with game number one on the tube and started work on a cardigan. I love the pattern and am looking forward to the finished product, but the beginning phase was a bit of a challenge.

The suggested yarn is very fine and honestly, I just couldn't see the stitches well enough to work the rows. So I opted for a larger yarn and once again got to work, but then decided that I didn't like the color scheme. So I started over again, this time with this silver bamboo variety.

And thus far, I like it. It's going to take a long, long time to finish, but that's okay because the best projects with the best outcomes quite often take a long, long time to come to completion. 

Oddly enough, that truth made me think about relationships and how the best ones take actual concerted work and effort and sacrifice if they're going to thrive. Given how easy it can be to give up when I'm frustrated, I'm thankful that I know that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment