Saturday, January 29, 2022

January 29

Today felt particularly imperfect.

Abby and I headed out for our usual Saturday shopping escapades but it didn't take long before a disagreement marred the experience. It was mostly my fault, and though I apologized, I still feel like dirt because there was a definitive moment when I could've chosen to hold my tongue, but did not. And then it all went south.

So we came home. She went up to her room, and I settled into my chair in the family room with a number of my on-going crochet projects, including this one. And I stitched and thought about the day. 

Although I wish life could be perfect and orderly like this little swatch of sweater-to-be, I know that on this side of Heaven, that's just not the case. But I'm grateful for the promise that Someday will eventually arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment