Tuesday, January 25, 2022

January 25

I actually pulled over to take this photo shortly after we left the house this morning.

The boys were puzzled by the move. I told them I thought it was beautiful so I wanted to remember the scene. Isaac craned his head around for a peek and remarked that he didn't see anything special, and Brady parroted his bigger brother's observation. I told them that that was okay; that we all see beauty in different things and at different times. And then I put the car back in drive and resumed the drop-off protocol.

Although their 'eh' response to the beautiful sunbeams and the misty residual fog and the outlines of the trees got under my skin a little, what I told them is true: we all find beauty in different places. So today, I am thankful that I saw something beautiful right around the corner from my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment