Wednesday, January 5, 2022

January 5

There were two lovely parts of today.

The first was a meet-up with my very longtime friend Gretchen at the Damascus Mothership. We first met when we were about six years old, and although we've not always been in touch, we've been close for the past several years. She's been an amazing example of perseverance and bravery in the face of tough circumstances, and I am so proud to call her a good friend. Anyway, it was such a cup-filler to see her face and to have a few hours to just sit and talk.

The second was dinner with my mom. Since Adam had to work, the kiddos and I headed over to her house at about 5, and then we all left en masse for the Cheesecake Factory. We had a good time sitting and chatting and just being together as we ate. 

Hours and minutes spent with good friends and family are hours and minutes very well-spent, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment