Monday, January 31, 2022

January 31

I don't love February. I haven't for some time now. I guess that's not much of a surprise.

I wasn't really conscious that we'd reached the final day of January until the mid-day'ish hours, but I think my subconscious knew because I woke up feeling sad, tired, and oddly overwhelmed for the first day of a brand new, promise-filled, unlived-in week.

I slogged my way through my Bible study, silently listening and absorbing I as crocheted away at my latest project. But, curiously for me since I'm usually a talker, I didn't have much to say.

At some point I developed a headache I couldn't shake, so I picked up the boys from school and hid away in my room. And then over dinner, I looked over at Abby and noticed that she too seemed... sad. So I went over and hugged her and just... was.

So yeah. I don't love February. Although I can't stop the calendar page from turning tomorrow, I'm grateful that it's just one month out of 12. And sadness aside, I'm grateful that it's easier than it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment