Wednesday, April 19, 2023

April 19

I have a sweet blessing double-shot for y'all today.

The first was from this morning. I typically venture over to Dublin to wander around Hobby Lobby and Target on Wednesdays after I drop Brady at school, but this morning, I heard a little voice tell me to go to Livermore instead. So I did. And when I strolled into the diecast aisle at Walmart, I found a slew of brand new Cars-with-faces. It was such a wonderful Logan-moment that I almost lost my breath when I saw them. (I guess that sounds a little bit silly, but since I don't get to see him go to his Junior Prom this year, I'll settle for finding more of his favorite toys. I happily take what I can get, even if it's strange to some.)

The second is from Isaac's game this evening. His team was soundly beaten by De La Salle, but my boy finally collected his first hit of the season -- his first high school hit. His shoulder issue has made the past few months difficult for him and I know how eager he's been to have a productive at-bat, so my heart leapt as I watched him single to left field. 

Two small things all in all --some diecast Cars and a long-awaited hit in a baseball game-- but sometimes small things can be big blessings. And today they were just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment