Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 4

I don't remember if I already mentioned it, but the boys are on Spring Break this week. So that means Brady spent his morning playing video games while Isaac went to baseball practice.

When I ventured into the kitchen at lunchtime, I found Isaac pouring milk and cracking eggs into a skillet on the stove. He'd also popped some frozen tater tots into the convection oven and a plate of  sausage links into the microwave. Oh, and a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter were nearby, too. Brady, for his part, was busily stirring a single-serve cup of chocolate chip pancake batter.

When I checked on them a little later, they were parked at the kitchen table watching something on Brady's computer while they enjoyed the spoils of their culinary labor. 

It's just so cool that they can and are willing to make their own meals. Sometimes I miss little sectioned plates and sippy cups and sticky-fingered finger foods, but it's a sweet blessing to see them gaining a degree of self-sufficiency, too. And for that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment