Thursday, April 27, 2023

April 27

I love it when my kids' hidden talents venture out into the open.

When I picked Isaac up for PT this afternoon, he was carrying a big red balloon. When I asked where he got it, he explained that he'd helped one of his teachers to blow up balloons for her son's birthday. (Which is awesome in and of itself.) And then he turned it around so show me the face he'd drawn on its surface.

I immediately recognized it as Balloony. (If you're a fan of Phineas and Ferb, you'll get the reference.) I looked up a photo of the original Balloony just for kicks and was surprised by the accuracy of Isaac's iteration.

So yes: I'm thankful for creativity and for the reminder that we're all multifaceted beings gifted with numerous talents by a God who delights in us every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment