Thursday, April 20, 2023

April 20

Isaac was in a less-than-great mood after his game today. His team destroyed their opponents by an embarrassing (for the other team) margin, but he didn't get much playing time and didn't make the best of the little time he did get. So I got him Sonic and we hit the freeway for a long, mostly quiet trip home.

As we rode along, I asked him non-baseball questions, and then cautiously posed various queries about his teammates: who's the funniest? Who's the goofiest? The quietest? And he complied (although he couldn't think of anyone for the goofiest title except himself. That made me smile internally because I'm of the opinion that being a little weird is a good thing).

Anyway, when we got home, the new net Adam ordered for them was sitting on the porch, so he grabbed his bucket of balls and the box and headed for the backyard to set it up. So he could practice.

I love his perseverance and resilience. I could learn a lot from him about getting upset, getting over it, and then moving forward and trying again. And I'm thankful for the example.

No comments:

Post a Comment