Saturday, April 22, 2023

April 22

I glanced down at the GameChanger app (which is used to score baseball games) during game one of the freshman team doubleheader this afternoon when I noticed that the batter for the opposing team bore a familiar (but highly unusual) last name.

I quickly looked up and scanned the opponents' bleachers until my gaze plucked her from the crowd: it was indeed Abby's first grade teacher. 

Yes, Abby was in Jodee's class the year Logan was first diagnosed with cancer, so she's one of those teachers I'll always remember. You just don't forget the people who were part of the story when you were in the thick of its longest, most incomprehensible pages of text.

Anyway, I jumped up and walked over to say hello. We had a nice little chat and I showed her a recent pic that Abby texted me. It was a brief exchange, but a positive one because it helped me to realize just how far we've come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment