Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Project, Explained

I'll be the first to admit the bitter truth: I kind of suck at being a blogger. So the notion of me starting yet another new one seems laughable. But this one... well, this one seemed too important to pass up.

With the anniversary of my Sunshine's untimely passing from this world into the next just a month and change away, it's becoming increasingly important for me to feel God. To recognize His presence, to see signs that He's still moving in this horrifically broken world.

So that's what I'm setting out to do. For the weeks and months to come, I'm going to look for those God Winks. Even on the days when things seem bleak and the mantle of this life feels too heavy to bear, I'm going to see God.

So where will He be? In the face of a child? In a puddle of spilled coffee? In a sunset or a sudden rainstorm?

Because though life has shaken my faith, I'm sure of one thing: God will show Himself. And I'll observe those moments, as long as my eyes are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment