Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 31

I'm not a one-trick pony. I promise. But today, on Logan's half-birthday, he --or God, on his behalf-- made his presence known in a classically Logan way with a barrage of Cars --and cars.

The Target parking lot was uncharacteristically crowded this morning. I turned down one aisle, fully intending to loop back around in search of a less walking-intensive spot. But then I literally stopped when I saw this:

A bright blue Corvette. Isaac looked over, saw it, and insisted that I needed to take a picture. So I did just that. And I have to tell you: it was a beauty.

Then this evening, during yet another sojourn to Target (don't ask), I spied a brand new Pixar die cast car that we didn't yet own. With rabid adult collectors snagging most of the new issues, I rarely come across fresh releases. While Logan was hospitalized, I took him a brand new car almost every day, and I remember how they made him smile. How he'd look at me expectantly and then grin when I pulled out an unopened package. I miss that. But finding new cars gives me a taste of that old feeling.

Finally, just to close out the day, there was one more sighting, so to speak. As I left the parking lot, another pristine Corvette, this one bright red, sat at the back of the lot.

To most folks, they're just cars. But these three cars -- well, today, they meant an awful lot to me. And God had to know they would.

1 comment:

  1. So enjoying this journey with you Sherry. Thank you so much for sharing with us! It is so incredibly wonderful to see the world and hear about it from the mouths of your beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete