Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8

More often than not, God doesn't jump in my path and shout TA-DAH! Here I am! In fact, I can count the number of times that's happened to me on no hands. Some days, I have to look... and look... and look some more. And then things come into focus.

As The Little Boys and I walked to retrieve Abby from school this afternoon, I gazed up at the scant, wispy clouds as they slow-danced in the sky. They were so free and beautiful in their own cloud-way. And they reminded me that there's more to this life than what happens here on the ground.

After all, if we can perceive the freedom in the sky here on earth and appreciate its impressive expanse, how much more impressive must Heaven be? How much more amazing must those pure white brushstrokes look from the other side?

No comments:

Post a Comment