Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2

Today was a slow one on the homestead, the kind that transforms any self-respecting stay-at-home mom coming off a long vacation into a clock-stalker. Not to say that it was a bad day; just a little, uh, lengthy.

That said, I see God Bytes in my kids' faces each and every day (when they're not screaming and fighting and throwing fits and yelling at each other. They're always precious, of course, but they're a little less precious when they're engaged in the Quest for Sibling Domination). So it follows that today's God Wink comes in the form of two of said little hooligans, numbers three and four, collectively known (by me) as The Little Boys. And generally known by the population at-large as Isaac and Brady.

Isaac hounded me over playing Farmville for a good hour this morning before I relented and headed for cover in the kitchen to clear my head. When I came back into the room a few minutes later, I saw this

The scene warmed my heart. The two of them share a genuine, God-given adoration of one another that amazes me. Logan was my sweetheart and I will mourn him until the day I join him in Heaven. But looking at the two of them sharing that single seat, playing a game that Logan loved, was like looking back in time and forward into the future all at once. No matter how you slice it, it's love. And that's never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment